Let's get this party started! Whatever the occasion, easy seafood appetizers are always a hit, especially when you use local seafood from Bell Buoy. We have rounded up fan-favorite recipes and added a few new quick and easy seafood appetizer recipes; enough variety for a full menu of delicious appetizers for your next gathering.
Dungeness Crab Appetizers
Fresh crab starts rolling in around the middle of December every year, making it our go-to choice to feature on a holiday appetizer platter. Fresh Dungeness Crab is a show-stopper and crowd-pleaser! Here are a few of our favorite Dungeness Crab appetizer recipes.
Northwest Crab Roll Recipe from Bell Buoy's Restaurant
1 pound of Dungeness crabmeat (fresh or canned)
1 1/2 cups celery, minced
1 cup cilantro, chopped
1 cup red onion, chopped
1 1/4 cup mayo
Zest and juice of one lemon
Mix all together until fully combined. Spread on a baguette, focaccia, hoagie roll, or your bread of choice. Toast lightly under the broiler. Sprinkle with a dash of "magic" seafood seasoning; Old Bay works! Serve with lemon wedges.
Crab Meat Sandwich
This recipe is from the archives, circa 1956, to be exact, and it has been wowing people ever since. It would work as a cracker topping or a spread on mini sandwiches - both great appetizers.
1 cup Dungeness Crabmeat
1 cup diced celery
1 hard-boiled egg
Mayonnaise to taste
Salt, Paprika to taste
Mix all together. Use the amount of mayonnaise to your liking. Add arugula or spinach to the sandwich for extra color.
Five Easy Dungeness Crab Appetizer Ideas
No recipe is needed for these simple and tasty appetizers.
Dungeness Crab Cocktail
Crab Leg Platter - just eat 'em straight up!
Mixed Mini Salads topped with crab
Seafood Appetizer Recipes: Dips & Spreads
Quick dips and spreads that can be prepared with either fresh or freshly canned seafood are easy seafood appetizers to add to your menu.
Salmon Log Appetizer Recipe
Submitted by Carol from Seaside
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 teaspoons grated onion
1 teaspoon cream-style horseradish (to taste)
If using unsmoked salmon, add 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke
Combine all ingredients and mix well.
Shape into desired form (see note below).
Can be rolled in chopped nuts or chopped parsley.
Serve with crackers.
Note: To shape, line a bowl with plastic wrap, pack the salmon and cover with the edges of plastic wrap before chilling. To serve, open the plastic wrap, turn the bowl upside down on serving tray, and remove plastic wrap. This will give a nice round shape to the salmon log.
The Perfect Clam Dip Recipe
This recipe has over 2K views on our blog; it's very popular, to say the least!
- 2 slices cooked minced bacon
- ½ cup mayonnaise (or sub ¼ cup of Greek yogurt)
- ½ cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 scant tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons minced scallions
- 4 5oz cans of minced Razor clams or 4-5 whole clams
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Stir all ingredients together, except the razor clams, if using fresh clams, until well combined.
2. Add minced clams, if using our canned clams, and mix. Or, cook fresh Razor clams in a fry pan on medium heat for two minutes per side (with or without the juice; see Pro Tip below)
3. Set cooked clams aside to cool, including juice.
4. Once Razor clams are cool, mince. Add the minced clams and juice to dip.
5. Adjust seasoning to taste. Top with Paprika.
Pro Tip – When you buy fresh razor clams there will be some clam juice in the bottom of the container (canned clams have juice too!) Save the juice! Add it to the clams when cooking. This juice is key to boosting that clam flavor in the dip. For a very mild flavored dip add less juice (or none). For a bold flavored dip, add it all. If the dip is too strong, add a little more sour cream or Greek yogurt to mellow the flavor.
Five Easy No-Cook Seafood Appetizer Recipes
1. Shrimp Paté - prepared in-house at Bell Buoy, perfect with crackers
2. Pickled Shrimp - eat alone or with cocktail sauce
3. Shrimp Sushi - roll up cocktail shrimp with avocado, cucumber, and carrots
4. Shrimp Cocktail - Choose your fave sauce and let guests create their own cocktails
5. Smoked Fish Smorgasbord - Smoked oysters, tuna, salmon, peppered or plain